Saturday, January 17, 2009

Potatoes and Bubble Wrap






























I would have to admit that Carson and I did not do much today. Shane work as usual. When he got home he was hungry and wanted to stay home. I was in favor of going out to eat but that was not going to happen. So I thought I would prepare a good meal for once. Don't get me wrong, I can cook- when I want to. But this time of year when Shane works late every night, cooking doesn't work out so well. One, because Shane refuses to eat leftovers and two, Carson is hungry when we get home at 5:30. I decided I was going to make meatloaf and potatoes. Real potatoes. Not instant. (my mom is very proud of me right now!) Carson always asks for potatoes like Grandma has. And when he heard I was making them he wanted to help of course. He grabbed my potato peeler and thought he was going to peel the potatoes. I didn't think it was very safe nor did I think he would last. I thought he would be long sick of it after one, if that. Carson actually peeled 5 potatoes for me! It was not a speedy progress by any means. He was pretty excited then he reached for the last one.
So we all enjoyed supper tonight. I'm not sure what Carson had more of, potatoes or butter!!!!!
After supper Shane decided to hang my new wood blinds that FINALLY came this week for our bedroom. Carson discovered the bubble wrap that came out of the boxes. First he tried running and jumping on it but that was not loud enough. So then Shane came up with the idea to wrap him in it and Shane would roll him on the floor to pop it. Great idea Dad! Now all the bubble wrap is popped and it's time for someone to go to bed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment